Friday, July 1, 2016

Journaling Summer 2016: In June...

 
June was the most laidback, although still very fun, month I've experienced since...well, September when school started. It was nice to get to spend more time with my siblings, jumping on the trampoline and just hanging out.
 
One the first day of June, we had our end of the school year party, followed by the awards night, and then ice cream at Denny's with friends. I'm not sure why, because this should have been a fun day, but I didn't enjoy it very much. However, I did get to spend time getting to know friends better, and that was very nice.
 
 
On the second day of June, my sister, Brandi, and all six of her kids came out to our house for the day. It was really fun to catch up, because we didn't get to see them as much during the school year. (Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures from that day).
The following Wednesday I spent with friends, Nathan, Melissa, and their kids Allie, Hailey, Danielle, and Hana. (Skylar was gone on a trip). They are pretty much my second family, and this time I enjoyed a walk with Allie, Hailey, and Danielle. My town puts on a lot of events for the 4th of July, including a rodeo, and during the months before, there are little "mini shows" there, and it is very close to where they live, so us girls went ahead and walked there. Dani was very upset with us, though, when we had to go and leave the "O o's." (horses). ;)
On Friday of that week (June 10th) ,  I went to my friend's birthday party, and afterwards went to my other friend's house for a bit while waiting for my mom to be able to get me. It was super fun, and we got to watch a girly movie. I didn't get to see how it ended, though. :(
On Sunday, we went on a spontaneous trip to the bay. {See my post with pictures here}. It was lots of fun, and I can't wait to go again tomorrow!
On Tuesday, June 14th, I got to go spend the day in Seattle with some of my awesome friends. We had such a great time, and a lot of laughs! You can view my post about the trip here.
The next day, youth group started up again after a three week break. It was so nice to be back, spending time with friends and listening to the wonderful messages again! I also got to spend the day with my sister Brandi's kids again, and that was fun! We enjoyed the sun, and I was proud of myself for being able to recite the entire children's book "Love You Forever'" by memory to them.
 
On the 16th, we started our first weekly mother/teen daughter Bible study, which meets on Thursdays throughout the summer at Woods Coffee. My friends, Malia, Ariana, and Hannah are all doing it, along with their moms, and of course my mom and sister, Natalie. It's great to be able to talk about the Bible, as well as enjoy chatting with them (and drinking coffee, of course!) Although, thus far, I ended up ordering apple cider all three times. It is very good!
 
The next weekend, I was supposed to be gone with my mom and sister, but I got offered a babysitting job, so I ended up staying behind. Unfortunately however, I got really sick while babysitting, and had to go home early. But I was at least able to enjoy an evening with my dad and brothers, rewatching "Alone Yet Not Alone" and eating popcorn with M&M's. The rest of the week was fairly laid back; my sister started Driver's Ed, and I rode along a couple times while she was getting her drive time in with Mom. I was scared for my life! Just kidding, she did great. :) I went on a nice walk with my parents at a familiar, very beautiful, trail on Monday night.
 
We have ended up putting our feet in this creek by the trail at least once every summer since we moved to the house we are in now back in 2008.
 
 
 On Wednesday, I got to spend the day with my oldest sister, Heidi's, three kids and we had lots of fun together! I really don't usually get to see them much, so the whole day meant a lot to me!
 
Then of course that night we had youth group again. Although I was almost falling asleep during the message, I was so tired!
Yesterday, the last day of June, we had Bible study with friends. Unfortunately, one of the girls and her mom couldn't make it, and two others had to leave early. So we ended up getting to spend a lot of time just visiting with Hannah and her mom, which super fun, and just what I needed that day.
We also later went dancing with Hannah, two of her friends, and our friend, Alekai. I had a great time dancing, hanging out with Hannah and Alekai, and meeting Hannah's friends, in spite of the fact that I unfortunately had a bad headache.
 
Natalie, Hannah, and me, ready to dance!
 
 
It was a wonderful evening with which to close out June!
Thank you for reading!  
What did you do in June?
 
 
post signature

14 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a really fun month! Except for being sick of course, that's no fun. What was wrong? I'm glad you're feeling better!
    Also, just saying, you and your sister are ridiculously pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, thank you! :) Umm, well....it was a once a month thing. I usually get pretty sick. :P
      Awww, thank you! That is so sweet

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, you're so pretty!!
    I'm glad June was a fun month! It was a time of new experiences for me - I went on a service trip to Guatemala, which was extremely cool. And then I met a group of new friends!

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks, Ellie! Wow, your trip sounds awesome! That is SO cool! I want to go on a missions trip really badly. And new friends are the best. :) I'll definitely need to go take a look at your blog! I love your profile pic, btw. :)

      Delete
  3. Aw these pictures are adorable. I love this recap on your June! And same, it is so nice to actually have a month with no school!!

    Elizabeth
    http://whimsicalthoughtss.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elizabeth! And it definitely is really nice to have no homework. :)

      Delete
  4. Sounds like so much fun! I had school and exams in most of June so it wasn't the best month. Although yesterday, my mum was ordained priest! It was a beautiful service and I loved it. :)
    Hope you get better soon!
    Simi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's not fun, Simi. :P That's cool, though! Good for her! :)
      I'm feeling much better now, thank you!

      Delete
  5. these pictures are adorable!!!! You blog is SO CUTE!!!!!

    thecountrygurl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it sounds like you had a great month! I love all of your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! In that last pic, I thought it was Ariana!!! She resembles her a lot!!! It sound like you had a good summer so far! You certainly don't look to happy in the first pic XD I especially like the first one ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I didn't notice that. That's funny! :) I have had a good summer, and I've enjoyed hanging out with you guys. Yeah, I was REALLY tired by the time that picture was taken. And I know you like that first picture.....;)

      Delete

Hearing from you is the highlight of my day. :)