Saturday, July 30, 2016

Elisabeth Visits {Part II--July 25}

 
If you didn't read my last post about Elisabeth's visit, you can read it here.
 
My first memory of the second morning of Elisabeth's visit is feeling myself slowly wake up. I rolled over and opened my eyes, and looked down from the top bunk to see Elisabeth rummaging quietly through her suitcase. She turned around, and the expression on her face was hilarious. She looked so bewildered, and she stared at me for a second before saying, "But I was being quiet!"
All I could do was giggle. I don't think I will ever forget the look on her face. XD
 
We spent the morning in relaxing, jumping on the trampoline, and hanging out. Around one, we headed out the door in search of whatever Monday's adventures might bring. My dad was working, Natalie had Driver's Ed to attend and piano lessons to teach, and Tim and Noah decided to hang out at home, so just Levi, Mom, Elisabeth, Mrs. Sullivan and I headed out this time.
One problem: we were running late! Once we got there, we parked the car and hurried to purchase tickets. It was beautiful; we were all running up the deck, struggling to reach the ferry on time. Levi got way ahead of us, and I called after him to wait. He called back, "But I'm just so anxious!" It was so cute; I guess he was a little excited for his first ferry ride. (The rest of us Tafts have gone on at least one before, although Noah would have been too little to remember his).
Thankfully, we made it onto the ferry, and promptly headed out to the deck to enjoy the view for a bit.
 
It was about an hour long ferry journey, so we spent it in going back and forth between the deck and the warmer seating inside.
 
 
 
 
Selfie on the ferry! :D
 
We eventually reached our destination, a darling little town by the harbor. Our first plan of action was to find something to eat. We ended up at a cute little restaurant, where we ate outside. There was one little bee that would not leave us alone, though!
 
 
We both got a coke to drink, and Elisabeth was very attached to her bottle, and kept it with her all afternoon, planning to take it home with her. XD
As soon as we had finished, we set out to explore the town. We were laughing when we discovered this restaurant, because on the ferry, we were both trying to find what we called "the food place". So the name on the sign made us giggle.
 
 
 We were both most excited, though, to discover there was a book store, and since neither of us could resist its charms, we all trooped in. Elisabeth and I explored every inch of that store, exclaiming over the classics especially.
We found some beautifully designed books, including Anne of Green Gables, A Little Princess, Heidi, A Tale of Two Cities, The Secret Garden, Huckleberry Finn, Robin Hood,  Black Beauty, and more. Also among these was an absolutely gorgeous copy of Little Women, which Elisabeth fell for immediately. I asked her to select a book for me, and she picked Peter Pan. We both couldn't get over how beautiful these books were!
 
 
 Notice Elisabeth's hand, though? That water bottle she's carrying? That's mine! She kept sneakily picking it up when I set it down, and then carrying it. We made quite a thing out of me having to steal it back from her. Seriously, though, I would have lost that thing so many times throughout the day if she hadn't rescued it for me. It did earn her the title of bottle thief, though.
We stopped by one other store, and then hung out on benches by the harbor for a bit before heading back to the ferry.
 
A random selfie. :)
 
The ride back was so much fun! We kept going out onto the deck, in spite of the wind and cold. The day before we accidentally-not accidentally got it into Elisabeth's head when we visited the cold mountain water that if she couldn't stand the cold as well as we could, she was just a wimp from a warmer state. From that moment on, she was not going to give up. XD
We kept standing out there, holding onto the railing as long as possible. She only had the sweater she is wearing in these pictures, and I had nothing, so it was definitely chilly.
 
 Occasionally Levi would join us, and then he would be so cold, and to warm up, we would do a group hug. On Sunday, Levi had gone swimming in the water until he was freezing, so during these group hugs, thinking no one was watching, we were yelling, "Levi, don't die! "Don't get too cold!"
In the middle of Elisabeth's saying, "Levi, don't get hypothermia like yesterday!" I looked over to see this woman staring at us in amusement. We all kind of giggled, and then were much quieter after that.
Disclaimer: Levi did not actually get hypothermia. We were being slightly dramatic. XD
 
My mom sneaked out for a couple of minutes and managed to get this picture. :)
 
In spite of the cold, we did our very best to stay out on the deck as much possible, and it was one of my favorite memories of the trip. (Those kids who were talking about snorting, though!)
 
We arrived home for a late dinner, and Elisabeth's Gollum impressions in the kitchen. They were fabulous! Natalie got a recording and put it on Facebook, which is why Elisabeth claims she now has a love-hate relationship with her.
 
We watched a little more of The Happiest Millionaire to close out Day #2... and then there was now only one day left.
 
--Christine
 
Please forgive all the posts so close together! I want to finish blogging Elisabeth's visit and the rest of July before we leave for our trip on Wednesday. :)
 
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! Best friends uniting is the coolest thing ever! I loved following along with your adventures with Elizabeth, and seeing all of the photos! <3<3
    -Clara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? I'm so blessed to have met her! :D Thank you for reading and commenting, Clara! I need to head over and catch up on your blog. :)

      Delete
  2. Ahhh it looks like you had so much fun! Those book covers are seriously gorgeous, though. And oh my gosh, The Place XD

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did! I agree completely...those covers are gorgeous! I want to get them all! :D I know, right? XD

      Delete
  3. I'm loving your Elisabeth posts! I'm so glad to see you both looking so delighted. ^_^ When I come one day we must visit The Place. It sounds so ominous. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tabby! :D Yes, we simply must! I will make a note of it. :)

      Delete
  4. Awe sounds like you had so much fun!!!!!!!!!! I love the last picture, it is just priceless!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really did! I love that picture, too. <3

      Delete

Hearing from you is the highlight of my day. :)