Sunday, July 31, 2016

Could it Be

 
I see the gorgeous works of art you create
 
the paintings
the intricate letters
the beautiful writings
the slab of wood turned into a masterpiece
the gifts you make to bless others
the complicated piece of music which you play so deftly
 
and I wish I could do the same.
 
But of course, I cannot, because there is nothing beautiful in me to pour out
My hands are too clumsy
I don't see things the way the should be seen
 
And so I push away the wistful thought that these fingers of mine could take what is in my heart, and put it in tangible form
 
For why dwell on what cannot be?
 
 And yet, a tiny voice, hidden somewhere in the dark recesses of my mind, whispers
it asks...
 
Could it be you are not living up to the potential you were created with?
Could it be you are listening to and believing in the lies of the Enemy?
 
Could it be?
 
 
 
 
 

13 comments:

  1. Ughhh I feel like this ALL. THE. TIME. You put this so eloquently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you feel like this! From what I know of you, I think you are amazing and so kind! And thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. This was beautiful.

    -des
    major-undecided.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful and simple way to put this feeling. Thank you for sharing- and never stop writing!

    -T.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That means so much to me. <3

      Delete
  4. Hey! I tagged you in the My Day in Selfies tag. http://blessingsofbonnie.blogspot.co.nz/2016/08/my-day-in-selfies.html
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bonnie! I will take a look soon!

      Delete
  5. Wow. Put so beautifully. I have no words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post!

    Oh yeah! I tagged you for Summer - Did You Do It? Tag. Read more about it on my blog. It on the tag post!

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you is the highlight of my day. :)