Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Day in Seattle {6.14.2016}

 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 



 





 I spent the entire day yesterday in Seattle with some fabulous friends. We went to Pike Place Market first, and browsed for a while, then peeked in at the first Starbucks, all though the line was so long we just snapped a picture and purchased our drinks at a different Starbucks nearby. We then took our drinks and sat at the Pier, which included a pretty fountain in the background, to drink them. My friend and I were teasing about feeding the many not-at-all-shy birds, since we sang "Feed the Birds" from Mary Poppins for our school concert. So just imagine our dismay when we discovered there was a rule against feeding those poor little birds. :(
 Next, we went out to lunch, and then made our to the Ferris wheel, which, if you haven't been there before, rotates over the water with a wonderful view of Seattle behind. (I took all the scenery pictures while on it.) It was the nicest one I've been on! Not that I've had much experience with them, besides the county fair and a carnival I went to for 4th of July. We peeked in at a couple more shops, then went to catch our ride back on the monorail. (We used it to get back and forth from where we parked the car, and it was my first experience on it. It was pretty fun!)
Before heading back to the car, we went to this cool playground area our friend insisted on trying out. So like a bunch of kids, we climbed up the net and went down the slide. We are such a sophisticated group. ;)
From there, we made our way back to the car and began the long ride home in the midst of rush hour traffic. It was such a fun day! It was lovely to get home, eat French fries, and curl up on the couch with a good TV show at the end, though.
I hope to go again sometime! :D
 
Note: I took pictures #5, #6, #11, #12, #13, and #14. Credit for the rest goes to a friend.
 

4 comments:

  1. First comment!!! (Reference to that Democratic Debate Studio C video!!!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiMRCF-VyuIJK. It looks like you had fun in Seattle! Well, guess that's it... oh wait, it's not! You've been tagged for the Rising Authors Tag. thedepthogmyfaith.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I understood that reference! :D
      Thanks, Allie!

      Delete
  2. SOUNDS FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you is the highlight of my day. :)