Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Happenings (Farewell April!)


Thank you so much for all the sweet comments on my last post! I do appreciate you all so much and will try to reply to them soon. :)
 
The past couple of weeks were crazy! A wonderful collection of memories have been collected and tucked away for spring 2016.
 
Thinking back...
On Saturday, April 16, I helped with the homeschool fair put on by my school (I just realized how odd that sentence sounded!). It was surprisingly fun, especially as I had my hilarious three year old nephew with me to tote around and introduce to friends. He is such a ham and so fun to have with me. :) It was also wonderful because that was his birthday and we got to spend some of it with him! Afterwards, we went with some friends to see God's Not Dead 2. It was fun, but I was an overtired emotional wreck that night that my poor mother had to deal with that night.
We also had several extra choir practices going on in preparation for our choir concert. We normally only have practice after class on Tuesdays, but leading up to the concert we not only went late with practices (two nights we didn't even get back from school until 7:00), but had practices on Mondays and Fridays in choir members homes as well.
The next weekend (April 22-24), I went with my mom on the women's retreat with my church. I wasn't originally planning on going, but my friend Ariana was going and asked if I was going to. I really wanted to spend time with her; we were in Hansel and Gretel together, and she is totally awesome, but I don't get to see her much. So I decided to go and we had loads of fun!:)
 
Of course we ended up going to coffee! Somehow my mom and I barely talked, so she made fun of me at devotional time (in front of everyone), because she was napping and didn't know we went to coffee with a group of others until she saw this picture on Facebook. Ha!
 
Wednesday following the retreat was a laid back, fun day spent with my second family. I was supposed to go to youth group, but in a random turn of events my family left without me, so I just stayed with the said second family and had a relaxing evening. :)
 
This last Friday, (April 29th,) was our choir concert! It was a full day, starting with costume measurements in the morning. Our friend Alekai's mom took it upon herself at the last minute to make costumes for the girls, and one for one of Alekai's songs. They turned out great!
We got to the church to begin setting up and do a run through of the concert around 2:30, and the concert began at 7:00. It meant so much to me to see all the people who came out to see us! :)
 
Backstage fun...(it creeps me out that my sister Natalie and I have the exact same expression in the picture of us girls below...)
 









My oldest niece, Alahna, was so excited to join our choir as a special guest for the part of Gretl in "So Long, Farewell" from the Sound of Music. She did an amazing job!


 


My friend Malia and me. She is not part of the choir, but came to see us. She is awesome! :)
 

 
Our friend, Evan, and me. I was trying to get pictures with all the guys (I already had TONS with the girls from backstage), but I only managed to get one with Evan, because...
 


....when I asked Alekai for one, this is what happened instead:
 
....and I just didn't have the energy to track down all the other guys after that. XD
 
Afterwards, we all went to Big Scoop to celebrate and had more fun, although we were all tired and ready to get home by the end of it all. :)


 

 Other weekend events included a birthday party for a friend, and PUPPIES in the Taft household! We are having so much fun with them. :)
 
 One other recent happening was that my lovely sister (who is turning 17 tomorrow by the way!), and I won awards for our editorials in our school's writer's conference this year. That was pretty awesome, although I discovered only afterwards how bad my hair looked. :)
 
 The 11/12th grade division award winners and our teacher. :)
 
Well, there you have it! A VERY long summary of what life has been like! :) Hopefully sometime soon I'll learn to condense my posts down a bit. But today is not that day! 
 
post signature

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Looks like you guys had so much fun! I love all of the pictures, especially the one where you and Natalie have the same expression! The concert was amazing, and I'm so glad I got the chance to watch it (even if it was on YouTube). XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did! But that picture...creeps me out. Badly. XD
      Thank you for watching it! It meant so much to me. You are the best! <3

      Delete
  2. Hey Christine I tagged you on my blog if your interested!

    http://thebubblegumballerina.blogspot.com/2016/05/the-text-tag-and-infinity-dreams.html

    -Mikayla-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sorry this took me so long--I didn't see it for quite a while. :P

      Delete

Hearing from you is the highlight of my day. :)