Tuesday, May 17, 2016

A 16th Birthday Message to Elisabeth (5/18/2016)

 
On this day, May 18th, 2016 my amazing best friend, Elisabeth, turns 16 years old. Not only that, but May 22 will mark two years since I first stumbled across her blog and left a comment. I still can't solve the mystery of how it came into my feed; my best guess is that she posted the link in a Christian blogging community I was part of. Whatever the case, I clicked the link and smiled as I viewed her latest post on her 14th birthday, including her  Lord of the Rings selfies, and noted that she and I were almost exactly the same age. So I left a comment, not sure if she would comment back, and honestly not caring overmuch at this stage
 
 
 
However, she did comment back, and one way or another, we ended up following each other on Google+, then eventually emailing, and then (I think it really was only around a month later) talking on the phone. In retrospect, some of our conversations are so funny; that random one about one small theological issue which we (very politely) disagreed on comes to mind for some reason. I remember during our very first conversation, my phone kept beeping and I was too dumb to realize that it was because the battery was low. XD (Bear with me as I switch my writing style at this point). The onlyo thing I really remember talking about during first conversation was something about your little brother Josiah being loud or getting out of bed (or something like that) while you were spending the night at your grandma's and that you were annoyed about it. I'm not really sure exactly what was said there; I probably have it all wrong. :)
One of my favorite early memories of talking on the phone with you was in summer of 2014; my parents had company, but they went outside by the bonfire, and I was curled up in the rocking chair in the living room, eating ice cream and talking to you. (That was the time you told me about spraining your ankle when you went on a day trip with your family). Of course, after we hung up I watched Doctor Who with my siblings. Yes, that fact is completely relevant.

 
And even though it took us WAY too long to get around to doing it, lways love Skyping with you! I can't wait for our Skype birthday party. (And even more for when, Lord willing, you come to "whichever state I live in")
 
December 2015 (Photo credit to my sister, Natalie)
 
 May 2016 (Photo credit to Elisabeth's sister, Allie)
 
All that to say, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LISSIE!! You are the best, and I hope the next year is the best one of all. I hope you never feel the need to stop being you! Most importantly, I pray that you continue to grow in your faith. :)
 
 
Elisabeth's blog//Reflections of the Heart
Elisabeth's YouTube channel
 
post signature

4 comments:

  1. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! This is so sweet of you!!! Yes, I remember that theological issue so well and I remember feeling so silly about it afterward. X"D
    I am so glad that we are best friends, and I can't wait for your birthday to come so I can do a blog post for you, too! <3

    (P.S. I got your present in the mail today and I can't wait for the Skype party to open it! I finally sent yours today, too, and it should get there by Saturday!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, and we never spoke about it again, until now. XD
      Haha, you don't have to do that! :)
      Yay! :D

      Yea, I'm responding to this as if we didn't just discuss it in the phone...

      Delete
  2. Hey! I love hearing how people met online! It's always so neat. ♥
    Me and my best friends all met through blogs or other online sites and they're the best.
    I tagged you by the way on my blog. =) http://savedbygrace7.blogspot.com/2016/05/the-bookshelf-tour-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? That's so cool! :D
      Thank you! I will take a look!

      Delete

Hearing from you is the highlight of my day. :)