Wednesday, February 17, 2016

February, Thus Far

Hello to all you amazing people!
Technically, I should not be sitting here writing a post right now, but I'm taking a break from homework anyway to do so.
 
As I type this post, my big sister, Brandi, is sleeping in the rocking chair with her almost four month old baby boy. SO sweet!
I'd say February has been a good month for me, thus far.....particularly good emotionally. November, December, and January all seemed to swing from highs to lows, so it's been nice to have a month where I've felt pretty contented most of the time.
 
Now, let's see....what have we been up to?
 
Well, it seems the month has contained mostly just regular events; school, AWANA, and church. But they seemed to have a different feel for me this month. It feels like I'm beginning to find more joy in the little moments, and that's a wonderful feeling. Truly settling in and enjoying the moments chatting with friends in between classes, rather then stressing about how I did on the homework for chemistry. Worrying less about being too clingy with all my friends, and just sending them the messages I want to send, asking them the things I need to ask.
 
“After all," Anne had said to Marilla once, "I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string.”
L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Avonlea
 
Some highlights have been babysitting two nights in a row (SO much fun!), Skyping with my friend Elisabeth for nearly three hours....no regrets there. ;), singing in choir after class on Tuesdays, seeing The Force Awakens with some friends again (okay, so that was the end of January, but who cares). My sister and I also started a new class this semester, and I took up piano lessons again. (Which makes Thursday crazy, well, at least compared to what we're used to).
Which reminds me, if you are really tired, don't be afraid to go to bed at 8:00!  I did that a couple weeks ago, and it was so nice to just sip tea, while watching David Copperfield, and then go right to sleep.
 
Anyway, I realize I am rambling a bit, and I apologize, but there is really no organized way to arrange this post. :)
 
Anyway, I'd best be off to finish my homework for tomorrow and enjoy my nieces and nephews while they are here!
 
 
In closing, here are some fun pictures from recently.
On our way to watch the Superbowl at a friend's house, and...Darth Vader showed up in our car! *gasp*
Bet you didn't know that Darth Vader wears a Seahawks scarf...well, now you do. :)
 
Hanging out with three of my four nieces. Speaking of which...*drum roll*...my sister Brandi tells me she was hanging out with our youngest niece recently and her hair is coming in auburn!!! I'm so happy, I think I've waited forever for this moment. XD
 
Wishing you a wonderful rest of the week!
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! So glad that February's been a little bit better emotionally. I know how awful certain school subjects and too many/not enough social outlets can be like. :)
    No regrets here, either. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Speaking of which...did I invite you to our chili cook off? XD

      Delete
  2. Hello Christine!
    I'm happy to see that you're doing so well! :D It truly is nice to have that peace; the little moments are spectacular... And the L.M.M. quote is fantastic, as always. I have yet to finish reading all of the Anne books! :D But they are so sweet.
    What new class are you taking? :D I haven't gone to see any movies in theater lately, maybe I'll be able too this June for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, haha! ;)
    Lovely pictures; babysitting is so fun, and crazy! ;) My little niece, Laney, just turned 2 months today; she's such a cooing, laughing thing! ;)
    God bless!
    -Angela (thepeculiarmessenger.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Anne books are amazing for sure! Have you read Rilla of Ingleside?

      I'm taking Life Practicun; it's a requirement to graduate.:)



      Aww! Laney sounds so sweet. I love her name! ❤️

      Delete
  3. Hi!
    Just letting you know that I've tagged you in the Liebster award, it's up to you if you participate, but come on, it'll be fun!
    http://blessingsofbonnie.blogspot.co.nz/2016/02/ive-been-tagged.html
    Have a fantastic day!!

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you is the highlight of my day. :)