Monday, December 14, 2015

Life and A Tale of Two Cities + Blooper Reel

Hello all! How are you? I've enjoyed reading your posts, although the fact that I don't get on my laptop much (I tend to do most things from my tablet these days) has made it hard for me to comment, since blogger often glitches on said tablet.
 
It's, as you know, December...so, there's been some partying going on. :) Besides the regular school on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and AWANA on Wednesday nights, this week we went to our choir Christmas party which went from 4:30 to 9:30. I had to get there earlier, though, because I needed geometry help from my friend. :P But the party was so fun! We had an indoor snowball fight (with fake snowballs), sang and sang and sang, ate delicious food, and played Apples to Apples.
The next day, I went to my friend Elizabeth's birthday party. (Thanks for having me!) We watched Christmas classics, ate pizza, and played games...including Mafia, during which my friend Chloe totally betrayed me. She completely had me fooled into thinking she was a townsperson, right up until my death by her hand.
And tonight is my sister and two youngest brother's piano recital. (The first time for the boys, so should be awesome!)
 
My Great Books class's most recent project was to divide the class into two halves and have each one make a musical video on A Tale of Two Cities. It was super fun to make, and although I don't care much for my acting, and Sophie was cruel and put in a montage of me laughing (I think she just wanted to get something on me), I'm pleased with how it turned out so I thought I'd share it here. :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Well, I'd best be off to study for my chemistry test and drink coffee. I'm so glad that this is the  last week of school! And on Thursday, all our classes our shorter so we can have a Christmas party. 
 I hope you are all enjoying the Christmas season!
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Indoor snowball fights are the best!!! My aunt sent us a bunch of "snowballs" a couple years ago and they are the perfect way for younger siblings to burn off energy inside. :) Hope you have a great Christmas! Beep! Allie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! That's awesome. :) Thank you, and a very Merry Christmas to you! I've been praying for Carlie and will continue to do so. :)

      Delete
  2. Y'all did great!! And the bloopers were hilarious! I am now desperate for a copy of A Tale of Two Cities........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emilie! You should definitely read A Tale of Two Cities...NOW! XD

      Delete
    2. Something to look for the next time I go to the library! ;)

      Delete
  3. I finally got the chance to watch them today... oh my goodness, I laughed so hard over the chloroform! X"D
    You guys did great! The only thing you could've done to make it better would be to include me in the musical next time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Those are some of my favorites, too-"Don't worry, My Friend." I also love it when Calvin says, "The French have seized the Bastille! The round...what??"
      Thank you! And I agree-you need to be in the next one. All you have to do is take a trip over here. I'm sure your parents wouldn't have a problem with that. ;)

      Delete
  4. Your parties sound super fun! Snowball fights are literally the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eh, Team Upstairs was better. JK, you guys did a great job, sis! :D

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you is the highlight of my day. :)