Friday, November 20, 2015

Slow Fade

 
 
This ring on my hand. I don't want I to represent a lie in any way. Because purity is not just about saving my heart in one way. It's about not allowing anything to creep into my heart that doesn't belong; it's about letting my heart belong to God and God alone.
It's about not allowing myself to take even the first steps towards sinking into a lifestyle that is not in any way pleasing towards God. As my mom says about using wrong language-"Don't do it. Not even once. Because once you start, it's almost impossible to stop."
It's about not allowing my eyes to see things they should not be seeing-in movies, online....
It's about not allowing my ears to listen to music with rebellious lyrics or to people who are trying to sway me in the wrong direction....
It's about not allowing my feet to take me to places that will only hurt me....
It's not about allowing hurtful words or swearing to come from my lips...
I want God to have reign over the throne of my heart, so that if there is a man He has waiting for me, God can allow him to share my heart, at the right time-and if that is not what He has planned for me, then he can protect me from unnecessary heart ache, or allow me to grow through that pain.
I want to be a good example to the "little feet following"-my little brothers, nieces and nephews, the kids I babysit, the kids I work with in AWANA.
I don't want to give myself away in any way.
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful post and so true! I don't think many teens understand what true purity is - they assume it's just being a virgin but it's sooo much more!
    Thanks for sharing. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kara! It's so much more difficult, than that, isn't it? But worth it!

      Delete

Hearing from you is the highlight of my day. :)