Monday, November 2, 2015

Happy 9th Birthday, Levi!

Just gotta say, I love the scheduled post feature on blogger. :)
 
I'm going to try to be better about posting on each of my sibling's birthdays-I think it's a great way to introduce them to you and for me to think more deeply about the things I love about each one and not just the things that annoy me.
 
So tomorrow (today by the time this post surfaces for you all) my baby brother turns 9 years old. When did that happen?? It's so crazy! I remember when he was a year old and terrified of the vacuum. I loved it because it meant he clung to me when he wouldn't usually let me hold him at all.
 
But, first....let me backtrack a bit.
 
On November 2, 2006, my brother Levi entered the world. I remember being so crazy excited to see him and sitting in the hospital waiting room with my siblings. I was so excited that we got to go in and take turns looking at him. (With Noah and Tim, my dad had just wheeled the baby past so we got a quick glimpse and then the rest of the time until they came home we just looked in through a window).
 
 
I have always been a big baby lover so of course nothing thrilled me more than this new sibling and I couldn't wait to get my hands on him!
 
 
We all doted on baby  Levi and all was well until he was about 5 months old. My mom had always had a hard time with getting him to gain weight, and his head seemed just a bit too big for his little body, but we didn't suspect anything to be seriously wrong with him. One night, Natalie, Tim, and I (7, 6, and 5 years old at the time) were playing outside, laughing and having a great time. We came inside to eat a snack our mom had prepared for us. Mom was also feeding Levi, and I remember all of  a sudden her saying Dad's name in a panicked voice. My brother had suddenly stopped breathing and turned blue; he was having  a seizure. My dad rushed him outside and I remember running out the door to see him performing CPR on Levi in our front lawn. One of my parents called 911 and I remember the ambulance showing up and my parents leaving. The rest of us went to stay with our neighbors until our big sister, Brandi, came and got us.
I didn't really understand what had happened, but it turned out that Levi had rickets, a disease caused by a vitamin D deficiency. I almost lost my brother, but apparently God still had a purpose for him to fulfill, and his life was saved.
 
Little Guy grew much more healthy after he left the hospital, and soon was a chubby, blonde cutie.
 
Papa and Levi.

Levi and his nephew, Kyran. (So funny how that worked out). Best friends and partners in crime.
 Stair surfing with Uncle Darrin in 2012 or 2013.
 
 
 
 Love these pics of Levi and me from December 2011.
 
 
 

 
 
And this is now. I love you, Levy J! I hope you never think otherwise, no matter what I might do or say.
 
 
 
 
 Happy birthday, you crazy boy!
 
Your sister,
Chrissie ("Crispy", if you wish, since it is your birthday).
 
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Aww, those photos are so precious! I loved this post! I hope Levi had a great birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shelby! I think he did-we went to rehersal, haha! But he got a new bike which he just loves. :)

      Delete
  2. Awww, he was so cute (not that he isn't now, haha)! So much hair! We were all bald... until I was two... you know where this is going. XD
    Hope he had a wonderful birthday! After all, you don't turn 9 everyday. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my word! I started laughing so hard and of course had to read your comment to Natalie. XD
      I think he had a good birthday! He loved letting everyone know what day it was.;)

      Delete
  3. Awh this is such a cute post! c:

    I don't think I've ever been to your blog before, but it's such a quaint nice little thing c:

    Amy;
    Little Moon Elephant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! I will take a look at your blog as well. I'm so sorry it took me so long to comment back!

      Delete
  4. What nice pictures Chrissie. :)

    And I LOVE your new blog name! We're watching Anne of Green Gables again...I just love that movie. :)
    Love,
    Ashley
    creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ashley! Isn't Anne of Green Gables the best? Have you watched the show Road to Avonlea before? (It's based on Avonlea and it's inhabitants.) This blog is also named for it. :)

      Delete
  5. Aw, how sweet!!! Oh and I put your blog on my post!

    https://girlslivingforgodsglory.wordpress.com/2015/11/16/a-few-of-my-favorite-christian-blogs/

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet! I love that last picture of you and Levi! Glad he's alright now!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you is the highlight of my day. :)