Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Hansel and Gretal Choir

So, I haven't been very good at posting these past couple of months. Mostly, it's because I could either post about mundane things no one wants to hear about, or I could waste hours where I could be focusing on my studies writing deep, heartfelt posts. But, I just realized that I haven't written anything about a performance four of my siblings and I are going to be in in a couple of weeks, so I decided to do a post about it. :)

 
Becky, who also teaches the choir my brothers attends, was asked if she would like to train a group to sing in a big Hansel and Gretel performance in November. Of course, in typical mom fashion, my mom went and signed us all up to do it without ever getting our approval. But I'm glad she did! It's beautiful music, and so much fun to do. And I'm really excited-I never thought I would get to be up on the stage where I'm going to be. When I was younger, I attended Annie and Camelot plays there and in December, my  mom and I went to the Nutcracker there.


This isn't a super good picture, beings that it was taken on my old iPhone and the stage was decorated for The Nutcracker, but you can get a good idea of the size of the place and the amount of people there.
 

This isn't a Hansel and Gretel play in the traditional sense, beings that it is an opera. I was nervous that it was going to be a super childish thing, but it's not, and there are several other teens doing it. Our group is referred to as the "gingerbread children", although I have no reason why. It made me nervous for a while, visualizing our costumes as these literal gingerbread suits which left only our faces visible. But we got our costumes last week, and they are actually more 1800s style; some of the younger kids even have bonnets.  Turns out the story is more set in the pioneering time in the Mt. Baker wilderness.
I'm getting super excited; we have a big three hour dress rehearsal coming up, and then on November 6, we have the first of four performances. I'm going to have to start looking up good 1800s hair styles and figuring out my shoes. :)
 
 
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Hope you have fun and good luck! It sounds awesome :)
    Simi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds so fun!!! Hope you do well!

    I tagged you for The Song Tag! Check it out if you want! :D
    http://anotherenchantedland.blogspot.com/2015/10/qotw-song-tag.html

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you is the highlight of my day. :)