Thursday, June 4, 2015

My Birthday

This is a bit of a late post, but my birthday was on Friday. {May 29th}. We didn't do much, but my wonderful parents took me out for dinner and then we came back and had ice cream. It was very nice!
As usual, my mom took several pictures. There were very many, but I cut down on the amount I put in this post. Most of these pictures are unedited, as PicMonkey isn't working very well for me tonight. 
 
My wonderful sister, Natalie, did a makeover on me. I hardly ever wear makeup, but she put a little bit on, did my hair, and painted my nails. I felt like a princess!
Thank you, Natalie for taking the time to do this for me! Seriously, guys, she's great! She was very patient with my constant blinking while she was putting mascara on me and when she had to wait for me to recover from my dizzy spell from not eating much and drinking lots of coffee. :)
 

My amazing dad and me at dinner! As usual, his way of telling me happy birthday was to pick on me the entire evening. Haha! :)

 
 This restraunt had the BEST root beer I've ever tasted! I drank it way faster than I should have...:) 
 

My equally amazing mother and me. I love you, Mom!
 


When we got back, my siblings were waiting for me with ice cream, topped with sprinkles!
It was delicious, although by the time I actually ate it, it was almost melted. XD
{I've got stop here and tell you that when my brother saw this picture just now he started freaking out. Apparently, he would like to have some again. }
 

 
This picture pretty much sums up my brother, Tim, the one in the striped red shirt.
 


 
I got this wonderful backpack! I love it. It will certainly come in handy when I start going to a Christian school two days a week in the fall. :)
 


and guess what was inside?
Yep! Downton Abbey season five. Totally didn't see that coming!


On a completely unrelated note, this is what my sister wrote on the blackboard in our dining room! Isn't it awesome? ;)
 

 
Well, I'm off to drink hot cocoa {Once Upon a Time style, with cinnamon on top!} and watch Star Wars. 
Wishing you a peaceful evening,
 
post signature

23 comments:

  1. Hello there sweet Christine! Oh, a happy birthday to you, my dear!
    What a wonderful celebration of a special day...going out to dinner with your mother and father must have been simply delightful and very memorable!
    Ooh! I love your new backpack - it is nice and big, and very funky:) What a sweetie your sister is...my sister, Nancy, is turning sixteen this year, and we are already planning make-up times together, for sixteen means we can start wearing some! I have had two and a bit years to practice, so hopefully I can give her some tips! :)
    The ice cream looks amazing...what could end a birthday better than ice cream...?
    I am sorry I don't visit too often...you are always such a sweetheart to comment on my blog! I have a bad internet connection which for some reason means I can't open your blog:( But I am so glad it worked for me today so I could come by and wish you for your birthday!
    Have a blessed day and a wonderful weekend!
    Thank you for shining so brightly for the Lord and encouraging other young ladies to do the same!
    Hugs to you!
    Joyfully in Christ,
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Kelly-Anne! Thank you...you're such a sweetie. :) It was very delightful and memorable! We had a wonderful time. Although, I came very close to leaving my phone on the windowsill...that was kind of scary!
      Thank you! I love the backpack, too. My parents know how to make me happy! I can't wait for the opportunity to use it. How fun! Sounds like a lovely time with your sister. :) I know right! I love ice cream and could probably eat far more than is healthy.
      That's totally fine! I haven't been very good about commenting on your blog, either, since I haven't been online. But I should be able to be more regular about that now!
      Thank you! The same to you.
      Much love in Christ,
      Christine

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday Christine! I loved seeing the pictures of your day ( the Merlin sign is awesome, the ice cream looks really good, and I love your new backpack!). I pray you have an amazing year with lots of blessings. God has great things in store for you and with His help you can do anything!!!!!!! ♥
    Love,
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kara! I have to admit, I laughed really hard when I saw the Merlin sign. Gotta love Natalie!
      I love the backpack, too! It was just what I needed.
      Thank you so much! I hope you have an amazing year, too!
      Thanks for being so encouraging and a wonderful blogging friend. <3

      Delete
  3. Hope you had a marvelous birthday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Christine!!! It looks like you had an amazing birthday. You look so pretty, and I love your dress! I'm glad you had a good day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shelby! I really did. :) Natalie was very kind to let me borrow her dress and do my make up. I have an awesome sister, don't you think? :)

      Delete
  5. I hope you had a great day - it sounded so fun! :)
    My mum just bought me and my sister the complete Merlin DVD set! I can't wait to get started on it :)
    Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! Thank you. :)
      Ooh, that's great!! I never get tired of Merlin....

      Delete
  6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAREST CHRISTINE! You are so beautiful and I love your dress! <3 I have always wanted to watch Downtown Abbey! It looks good! I think they are at our library! :)
    Have a great week!
    -Clara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks, Claral! You should watch it! I love Downton Abbey. :)
      Thank you! I hope you have a wonderful week, too. :)

      Delete
  7. You are beautiful, and this post is so sweet. Love you oodles and oodles! <3 <3
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday! :) It looks like you had an awesome time!
    You watch once upon a time too?? I love that show!! Though I have to say I have never tried the cinnamon on hot chocolate, but I'm going to have to sometime! ;)
    ~Katie @ sparklyambitions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)
      Yes, I do! It's great, isn't it? Who's your favorite character? My favorite is Belle. :)
      You should try the cinnamon with your hot chocolate! It's really good.

      I'm going to go take a look at your blog now. :)

      -Christine

      Delete
    2. Oo, that's a hard question!! I really love Belle, but I also really love Emma as well! ;)
      I definitely wanna try the hot chocolate with cinnamon! :)
      Thanks for checking out my blog! :)
      ~Katie @ sparklyambitions.blogspot.com

      Delete
  9. Belated Happy Birthday Christine! I hope you had a great time with your family. Last year, on my sister’s 16th birthday we threw a blasting party for her. We had reserved one of the best event rooms for rent for this party. It was a marvellous day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sounds like your sister had a lovely day. :)

      Delete
  10. Tim's face is priceless... xD

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you is the highlight of my day. :)