Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Rain

For those of you who are still experiencing some spring showers, this post is for you. The sun is coming out here, but it rained hard all morning. A lot of days have been like that lately; half rain and half sunshine. It keeps things green! There are always good things to be found about rain...hot drinks and warm blankets, feeling the rain on my face, the pattering of rain on the roof. It's only here for a season, so instead of feeling frustrated, let's find ways to enjoy it!
 
via
Here's a poem about rain by Hendry Wadsworth Longfellow that I think is fitting.
 
 
How Beautiful is The Rain
 
How beautiful is the rain!

After the dust and heat,

In the broad and fiery street,

In the narrow lane,

How beautiful is the rain!



How it clatters along the roofs,

Like the tramp of hoofs!

How it gushes and struggles out

From the throat of the overflowing spout



Across the window-pane

It pours and pours;

And swift and wide,

Like a river down the gutter roars

The rain, the welcome rain!
read the rest of the poem here.
 
Enjoy your day and remember to dance in the rain!
 
 
post signature

12 comments:

  1. Lovely poem, Christine! I love rain and poetry! (and your blog:) <3 <3
    Clara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love that poem, too. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow was a wonderful poet! Rain is lovely, isn't it? And thank you SO much! I'm so happy to hear that. I love your blog, too. :)

      Delete
  2. Yes! Let's make rain positive! I love the poem. You and the poet's enthusiasm makes me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! There is beauty to be found in many things. Haha, I'm glad! I felt I needed to write this post because when we had a rainy day after some days of sun, I was disappointed, so I felt I should put things into perspective. :)

      Delete
  3. It's definitely been raining a lot these past few days, but I love the rain so I don't mind! :)
    Lovely post!
    Simi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rain is very pretty! There's nothing like the sound of it drumming on the roof while you drink tea and read a good book or watch a good show. :)
      Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Rain is something amazing! I love how the world smells after it and how nature looks so saturated and lush. A time to once more appreciate the beauty the Lord has created.

    I remember reading this quote in my elementary school years. I've liked it then and still like it now. Longfellow is a favorite of mine<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! It's gorgeous. I love to run down our gravel road while it's raining.
      Longfellow is a favorite of mine, too! Such an amazing writer. :)

      Delete
  5. I love rain. It can be so refreshing. Not to mention the cozy factor, when you can snuggle inside while it pours outside, with hot tea, a good book, and a warm cat.
    And I love poetry. I really do.

    Conclusion: I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It's such a lovely feeling. Although, the warm cat would just make me sneeze. I like poetry, too. It's very peaceful, and I especially like Longfellow's style.
      Aww, thank you so much! I love your blog, too. <3

      Delete
  6. Even though I LOVE the rain it gets annoying when your brother has baseball games and you want to go to them, but it's raining like ALL day! But I love rain!
    ~Ellie;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's too bad! But it is beautiful. :)

      Delete

Hearing from you is the highlight of my day. :)