Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Monday's Minute Challenge

 
I haven't participated in Monday's Minute Challenge since December, so I decided to go ahead and enter in the current challenge. Hope you like it! :)
 
 
 
 
via
She barely felt the cold touch of the spoon on her hand or the hot steam rising up from her bowl of soup.  What she did feel were tears gathering in her eyes, tears that felt as hot as the soup itself. In vain, she blinked them back, keeping her head down. She couldn’t let him see them. Nor could she look at the bright, happy sunflowers in the vase between them. They made her angry, although she could not explain why.
She heard him clear his throat, willing her to look at him. She ignored him, reveling in the thought of his discomfort.
Finally, after a long silence broken only by the rise and fall of muffled voices, she raised her eyes to meet his. “This is your fault,” she accused, bitterness coloring her tones. “You-“
“But this…accident,,” he said, sitting up straighter,was not part of the plan.”
“That’s not the point,” she retorted, her voice rising. “The point is, it happened. And now, my sister’s dying in there.” Her gaze drifted towards the closed door to their right.
“Toril-“
“And you never even told us. You let us think you were someone you were not. How could you? I trusted you. I cared about you. I…” she stopped short of finishing her sentence. How could she tell him that she had thought she loved him? “I hate you.”
He blinked, and she could see the pain spreading over his face. “Tory, I’m so sorry.” His voice broke. “I never meant to hurt you or Mary.”
“What you intended is not relevant right now,” she said coldly, looking him square in the eye. “What happened is that you caused Mary’s death.”
She could hold back the tears no longer, and burying her face in her arms, she gave into the storm.
 
 
---
303 words. I used the word and sentence prompts.
 
post signature

17 comments:

  1. Gahh!! now I want to now everything about this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! the funny thing is...I want to know, too. I wrote this very quickly. I have no idea of the exact background of the story, or what will happen in the future. That's the fun of Monday's Minutes. :)

      Delete
  2. You are an excellent writer. This was like a major cliff hanger! You need to finish the story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was awesome, Christine! You are so talented! I loved it! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Clara! That means so much to me, especially since I had kind of given up on writing.

      Delete
    2. This post has been an inspiration for me to put some of my writing up on my blog. I'm a bit nervous and I have given up for the past few months on writing like you. I had a few bad experiences:) Again, that was a really awesome story, Christine! <3 <3

      Delete
    3. I'm so happy to hear that, Clara! I really hope do. I would love to read them! Thanks again. :)

      Delete
  4. Great job, sis! It grabbed my attention and held it. (h)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks, Natalie! I love your writings. :)

      Delete
  5. Hey, that sounds fun! I would love to enter it! (h)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I sent you the link to the contest through hangouts. :)

      Delete
  6. I love this story! Just wanted to tell you if you are still interested in entering my story contest that I will give you until tomorrow night. I really hope you can enter! I'm pretty sure I replied on my blog my email for you to email your entry. Thanks!
    ~Ellie;P

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you is the highlight of my day. :)